Creating a more stable, certain and prosperous Illinois
- As a former news reporter for Channel 20 covering the Illinois Capitol and also as a state employee, Sara has seen firsthand the need to streamline state government. As State Representative, Sara is working to ensure that we reform the way government operates so we can protect state workers and also deliver accountability to all taxpayers in Illinois.
- In order to solve Illinois financial problems, we need long-term economic growth. Since 2004, Illinois has lost 125,000 manufacturing jobs. In order to grow our economy and create good paying jobs, we need a manufacturing base that can export its products around the world. Illinois has the talent, ingenuity, resources, and infrastructure to lead the nation in manufacturing jobs. The only thing missing is sound public policy from Springfield. As State Representative, Sara will support efforts to strengthen manufacturing jobs and create long-term, sustainable economic growth.
- As a member of the House Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Sara is committed to standing up for farmers across Central Illinois by opposing burdening regulations and taxes that make it difficult for farmers to operate. The 99th district is home to family farms that provide important agriculture products that help to grow our economy and create good paying jobs for workers. As your State Representative, Sara will always stand on the side of hard-working farmers who work for us every day.
- Sara believes that we must prioritize how we spend taxpayer money and that education has to be at the top of the list. Ensuring that every child in Illinois has access to a quality education is one of Sara’s top priorities. She will fight to reform the school funding formula to ensure that central Illinois school districts get their fair share of education funding.
Caring for the Most Vulnerable residents
- As the state deals with the current budget impasse, it is important to remember the most vulnerable among us. Sara believes that we have a moral obligation to care for those who cannot care for themselves. As State Representative, Sara understands that any budget passed must include support for vital human services across the State of Illinois. Sara supports programs that provide care for residents with disabilities around the state and knows that we can maintain fiscal discipline and care for the most vulnerable at the same time.
- Illinois is home to over 700,000 veterans from all generations. Our veterans have faithfully served our state and nation selflessly in and out of uniform and we owe it to them to serve them in the same way. Sara supports the work of the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs in providing care to veterans in our Veterans Homes and ensuring that those who have recently returned home from overseas are given the assistance they need to transition back to civilian life.
- Sara believes that as a society we must value the sanctity of life, including the life of the unborn. Sara is proud to stand with pro-life supporters across Central Illinois in support of life. As State Representative, she will support pro-life causes that will make Illinois a more welcoming and compassionate place for every life.
- The right to keep and bear arms is one of the most cherished rights we have as Americans. That right is constantly under attack from many who see law-abiding gun owners as part of the problem, rather than the solution. Sara will always stand on the side of law-abiding gun owners who are exercising their constitutional right to protect themselves, their families, their businesses, and their communities.